http://bms.westfordk12.us/pages/teams/7green/cells/grouph/images/plantcell%20cellwall Cell Wall The cell wall is found in only plant cells to protect them. Animal cells do not contain a cell wall. It protects the cell from many things. If something bad tries to affect or damage the cell the cell wall keeps the virus or harmful object from damaging the cell. I did like this topic it was fun. I did already understand it. Cell wall is an easy topic to master and understand.
Sickle cell anemia is an inherited disease that makes the blood cells rigid, sticky, and sickle or crescent moon shaped instead of the flexible round shape that blood cells are supposed to have. This can cause blood clots and prevent blood and oxygen from getting to where they need to go. There is no cure, but there are medications used to relieve pain and other problems caused by sickle cell anemia.
RNA - stands for ribonucleic acid DNA-->RNA-->Amino Acids RNA is similar to DNA, but is chemically different enough to pass through the nuclear membrane. How is RNA different you ask? Well first, sugar : ribose second, structure : single helix third, nitrogen bases: A=U C=G Reflection: Once I already learned DNA I understood RNA very easily. RNA is literally just like DNA but with just a little twist. The nitrogen bases are easy, you just have to remember that every stay's the same except for A=T. Instead of A=T, it is flipped/changed to A=U. I believe that as long as you understand DNA you will understand RNA.
Comments
Post a Comment